- born in Voroshilovgrad(Lugansk), USSR, in 1968.
- Graduated from The Moscow State Technical University in 1991.
- He has been working in-between new media and contemporary art since early 90’s. From 1996 to 2005 he has produced several interactive installations together with Vladislav Efimov. From 2000
to 2004 he was running Media Lab at the National Center for Contemporary Arts in Moscow.
- Aristarkh has participated in numerous exhibitions and festivals both in Russia and internationally. In 2004 he has co-founded Electroboutique gallery in Moscow.
- His works appear on major International art fairs. Aristarkh Chernyshev lives and works in Moscow.
- 2011 – GESCHMACK – der gute, der schlechte und der wirklich teure – Staatliche Kunsthalle Baden-Baden, Baden-Baden
- 2010 – History of Russian Video Art. Volume 3 – Moscow museum of modern art- MMOMA, Moskau.
- 2010 – If I Only Knew… – Moscow museum of modern art – MMOMA, Moskau
- 2009 – History of Russian Video Art. Volume 2 – Moscow museum of modern art – MMOMA, Moskau
- 2008 – Conceptual Art From California – NBK – Neuer Berliner Kunstverein, Berlin
- 2007 – STILL HERE: humor in post-communist performative video – Artspace Sydney, Sydney, NSW
- 2006 Fremdkörper – Kunstraum Kreuzberg / Bethanien, Berlin
- 2004 – The Seven Sins – Moderna galerija Ljubljana, Ljubljana
- 2004 – Art is an Illusion – Ruarts Gallery, Moskau
- 2004 – BEYOND THE RED HORIZON – new art from Poland and Russia, Centre for Contemporary Art Ujazdowski Castle, Warschau
- 2004 – Fremdkörper – National Center for Contemporary Art (NCCA) – Moscow Branch, Moskau.
- 2004 – Faster than history – Kiasma – Museum of Contemporary Art, Helsinki
- 2002 – Moscow Time – Contemporary Art Centre (CAC), Vilnius
Kontakt / Bilder