- Russian artist, writer, critic and art theorist, representative of the school of Moscow conceptualism
- Pepperstein is the son of Irina Pivovarova, an author of children’s books, and Viktor Pivovarov, a well-known painter.
- From 1985 to 1987, he studied at The Academy of Fine Arts in Prague.
- Since 1987, Pepperstein is a founding member of the group “Medical Hermeneutics Inspection” with Yuri Leidermann and Sergei Anufriev. He is also a participant in the Moscow Conceptualists
- His exhibitions include the 53rd Venice Biennial in 2009, in the Russian Pavilion.
- 1995 – Project No.3 and Freudian Dreams (with Andrei Monastyrski). Galerie Pastzi-Bott. Cologne, Germany.
- 1995 – Play Tennis (with Ilya Kabakov). Art Gallery of Ontario. Toronto, Canada
- 1997 – Portrait of an Old man. State Russian Museum. St. Petersburg, Russia
- 1999 – The Father and the Son (with Viktor Pivovarov). Kunsthaus Zug. Zug, Swithzerland
- 2001 – Exhibition of One Talk (with Ilya Kabakov and Boris Groys). Kunsthaus Zug. Zug, Switzerland
- 2002 – Gods and Monsters. Neuer Aachener Kunstverein. Aachen, Germany
- 2002 – America. Galerie Ursula Walbrol. Dusseldorf, Germany
- 2004 – Hypnosis. Sprovieri Gallery. London, UK
- 2007 – Talking Animals. Kaufmann Gallery. Zurich, Switzerland
- 2008 – Either/Or: National Suprematism as a Project for a New Representative Style for Russia. REGINA Gallery. Moscow, Russia
Kontakt / Bilder